hey everyone, am so terribly sorry i have not been able to blog as often as i would have loved to. I mean no one told me it would be this.......whatever. Anyway am back again. am guessing you've been doing great in my absence?Of course, you have....cheers!
My mum sent me this as an email and i thought i should share it here.
You know you are a true naijafrican if.......
1. You unwrap all your gifts carefully, so that you can reuse the wrapper on another occasion.
2. You call a person you've never met before 'uncle...' or 'aunty....'
3.More than 90% of the music CD's and cassettes in your home are illegal copies. (You dubbed it from your neigbour or recorded it when it was shown on TV)
4. Your garage is always full of stuff because you never throw anything away, just in case you need it someday.(a gum boot without a partner and the babywalker - baby's now 12 and you are 48)
5. You have a collection of miniature shampoo bottles from your stay at hotels. (Go cool, Sweet heart, African pride....)
6. You have almost always carried overweight baggage when traveling by plane (You claim its because...'you never know'
7. If a store has a limit on the quantity of a product, then each member of the family will join separate queues to purchase the maximam quantity possible. (sugar,soap, rice, cooking fat etc etc during the old good days)
8. Children have annoying nicknames (De- Boy, De-Girl, Bomboy, Aboy,Mummy...)
9. Nobody in your family informs ahead of the time, you that they are coming over for a visit. (Uncle, wife, sis-in-law, two nephews and a neighbor have camped at your home)
10. You stuff your pockets with, mints and toothpicks at restaurants. (Murray mints, wrappers, and salt shakers!)
11. Your mother has a minor disagreement with her sister and does not talk to her for 10 years.
12. You only make telephone calls at a cheaper rate at night (especially flashers).
13. You never have less than 20 people to meet you at the airport or see you off even if it is a local flight.
14. You keep changing your Internet Service Provider because the first month subscription is free. (I know some people oh!.....)
15. Office supplies mysteriously find their way to your home.(Yes, staple machine, office pins, punchmachine,cellotapes, post-its,etc. )
16. When you were young, your parents would buy you clothes and shoes at least two sizes too big so that they would last longer.
The truth is i think my mum could really identify with No.4 and me, i can identify with one or two...or three...or four....gosh! Well let me know which ones you really 'feel'.
Have a great weekend.